Solving Equations – Computer Lab
1) First, we will do 1 problem together. Click on this website–once the website loads, choose “create problem” and wait for Ms. Bryant to show you what to do next:
2) Now, before you move onto the next website, you will solve 4 more problems on your own from the same website. You should copy down the new equation on your paper, and then model the equation on the computer scales, and then draw the model and write the algebra steps on your paper for each problem = BUILD IT! DRAW IT! RECORD IT!
Make sure you have completed a total of 5 problems, including the one we did together.
2) Next, visit the website below and solve 5 more problems on the computer. You do not need to write down the problems. You’re solving these problems for extra practice.
Almost done! Leave a comment for me on this page. Please answer these questions:
1) Did you find either of the websites helpful?
2) Do you feel like you ‘get it’? Are you still totally confused? Or maybe just a little confused?
3) Did you find the websites fun?
4) Is Ms. Bryant the best math teacher in the whole entire universe?
Also, if you still have time left over, begin the homework in class or visit my homepage to try an online KenKen puzzle.
***Another OPTIONAL website you can visit for more math help***
Solving 1-step and 2-step Equations with Tiles and a Balance - Choose “2-Step Equations”